Today the UCI published the calendar for the 2014 UCI Mountain Bike World Cup presented by Shimano.
Approved by the UCI Mountain Bike Commission but subject to approval by the UCI Management Committee, the 2014 calendar will comprise nine rounds in nine different countries.
Two new World Cup destinations in 2014 are Cairns, Australia, and Méribel in France, both hosting a triple event (Olympic Cross-country, Cross-country Eliminator and Downhill). The second round in Cairns will prepare the way for the 2017 UCI Mountain Bike & Trials World Championships, which have also been awarded to the “Tropical North Queensland.”
Méribel will provide the stage for the final round of the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup (August 23 – 24). It will be the last chance for the athletes to confront each other before the World Championships in Hafjell, Norway, 10 days later.
After a successful debut in 2013, Albstadt (Germany) features on the calendar for the second time with Olympic cross-country and Cross-country Eliminator competitions. Meanwhile Windham (USA) returns after a one-year absence with a triple event.
2014 UCI Mountain Bike World Cup presented by Shimano
- XCO/XCE/DHI Round 1, 05-06 April, Pietermaritzburg (RSA)
- XCO/XCE/DHI Round 2, 26-27 April, Cairns (AUS)
- XCO/XCE Round 3, 24-25 May, Nove Mesto na Morave (CZE)
- XCO/XCE Round 4, 31 May – 01 June, Albstadt (GER)
- DHI Round 3, 07-08 June, Fort William (GBR)
- DHI Round 4, 14-15 June, Leogang (AUT)
- XCO/XCE/DHI Round 5, 02-03 August, Mont-Sainte-Anne (CAN)
- XCO/XCE/DHI Round 6, 09-10 August, Windham (USA)
- XCO/XCE/DHI Round 7, 23-24 August, Méribel (FRA)
Like what you see? Please support independent publishing by Subscribing To Dirt Rag Magazine today.