Race Face is excited to introduce their new down-country XC/Trail wheelset, the Next SL. Next SL wheels are ready to maximize your trail riding; light for XC, but wide and strong for aggressive days on the mountain. Designed to complement their award-winning Next SL Crankset, Next SL have been designed to take full advantage of the benefits carbon fiber has to offer – durability, compliance and weight savings in a 26mm width. The asymmetrical build onto our Vault Hub gives you a stronger, stiffer wheel construction and the Vault’s Super-Fast Engagement, long bearing life and tool-free end caps simplify your life. Produced with the Step Cast 34 Factory Series rider in mind, the ultimate trail wheelset is for attacking the climbs and pushing the descents. Get ready to take your ride to the Next level.
Next SL Wheelset Specs:
- New 15mm dedicated front hub for 50gram weight savings
- Large oversized flange for improved bracing angle and larger bearings.
- Wide bearing stance.
- 6 double tooth pawls (3 engage at a time).
- 120 points of engagement (3 degrees).
- Individually sprung pawls.
- One length spoke used throughout wheelset (F&R).
- Tool-free interchangeable end caps (sold separately).
- Low drag labyrinth cassette body seal.
- 29’er rim size
- Full carbon fiber construction
- 26mm Internal width
- Tubeless ready rim (tape and valves installed)
- 4.5mm Offset improves spoke tension balance and wheel stiffness
- High gloss black logos and interchangeable vinyl decals.
WHEEL SIZE: 29
WEIGHT SET: 1555g
FRONT HUB: 15X110 BOOST FRONT (15X110 TORQUE CAP CONVERSION)
REAR HUB: 12X148 BOOST REAR
FINISH: CARBON FIBER / VINYL DECALS
TYPE: TUBELESS READY CLINCHER
RIM MATERIAL: UD CARBON COMPOSITE, OFFSET SPOKES, MATTE FINISH
RIM DEPTH: 21mm
INTERNAL RIM WIDTH: 26mm
EXTERNAL RIM WIDTH: 31mm
SPOKE: SAPIM LASER, 28 F/R, 3X PATTERN (5 SPARES INCLUDED WITH REAR)
USD MSRP: $1599.99 USD
NEXT-SL F 15×110: $774.99 USD
NEXT-SL R 12×148 SHI or XD: $824.99 USD
Like what you see? Please support independent publishing by Subscribing To Dirt Rag Magazine today.