We might be a bit bias since our founder and publisher, Maurice Tierney is an inductee (Class of 2002), but the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame is an important collection of the history and personalities of our sport.
Now they’re accepting nominations for the Class of 2012. Below you’ll find the instructions for nominating someone you know. The deadline is April 15, so get to it. Know of anyone you think deserves to be inducted? Let us know in the comments below.
The nomination process of the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame is very easy. Anyone may nominate a deserving person or group to the MBHOF. Please follow these guidelines.
Nominations should be a minimum of 250 words. Pick the Category (listed below) you are nominating this person in. Include in the narrative, why you think this individual belongs in the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame and what significant contributions they have made to the world of mountain biking. Tell us where and during what time frame they were active and what their current status is in the sport today. We ask that a nominee have a history of at least 10 years as an active Mountain Biker.
IMPORTANT: Please include a current address, phone number and e-mail for the nominee! We can now accept photos of the nominees. Please, include a digital photo with the nomination. We can accept website links also.
Email Nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Advocacy: Hard working individuals who have fought for land access, mountain bike friendly trail policies and responsible rider ethics.
- Industry: Advancement and development of the Mountain Bike through technology.
- Journalism: Individuals who contributed to the exposure of Mountain Biking to the public through the media.
- Pioneers: People involved from the grass roots inception of the sport. Do they remember when the Mountain Bike was called a "Klunker"? Did they modify a bike and start riding it on dirt roads and trails?
- Promotion: An individual or group who created, organized or improved a popular mountain biking race, festival or event.
- Racing History: An individual whose athletic accomplishments in the area of mountain bike competition make them exceptional.
Like what you see? Please support independent publishing by Subscribing To Dirt Rag Magazine today.