Quick run down of the spec on the large tester Iâ€™ll be riding into the spring:
-Head Angle: 68
-Seat Angle: 72
-Top Tube: 24â€
-BB Height: 13.7â€
– Chainstay: 17.32â€³
My tester tipped the scales at 34.5 pounds.
* Fork: Fox TALAS RL 150-130-110mm travel
*Rear Shock: Fox RP23
* Wheels: Neau Naim 32h 15mm QR thru-axle front, 10mm QR thru-axle rear,
black SS 14g spokes, WTB Laser Disc Trail rims
* Cranks/BB: Truvativ Hammerschmidt
* Brakes: Avid Elixir CR 185 F/165 R
* Rear D: SRAM X9
* Front D: N/A
* Shifter: SRAM X9 trigger
* Cassette: SRAM PG 970 11-34
* Tires: WTB Prowler MX 2.3 front/Stout 2.3 rear, folding bead
* Headset: FSA
* Seatpost: Easton EA50
* Saddle: WTB Pure V Sport
* Handlebars: Easton Monkey Lite XC 31.8
* Stem: Easton EA50
* Chain: SRAM
The main reason I really wanted to test this bike?
Two gears, no waiting.
One real ride in so far. Bike fits well and seems to want to be ridden over rocks and other terrain features. Quickly. I see some trips to find the bumpy stuff in my future, maybe even a day at the lifts once Seven Springs opens again. A whole lotta bike, looks like I need to step it up to find its limits. Stay tuned.
Like what you see? Please support independent publishing by Subscribing To Dirt Rag Magazine today.