The original Marzocchi Bomber Z1 changed the way we all ride mountain bikes. Not only did it change riding, but it forced the competition to step up and offer better products.
The new Z1 looks to carry on the tradition of ride quality over all else. Marzocchi is now owned by Fox, so these forks will share many parts with the Fox 36, which isn’t a bad thing. But the new Marzocchi will keep costs down, slotting in below the upper-end offerings from Fox.
Internals are the highly-regarded GRIP damper and EVOL air spring. Coil-spring wishful-thinkers will need to go elsewhere for their wound-steel daydreams.
• 36mm single crown chassis with new Marzocchi Bomber
Z1 lower legs
• 15QRx110 mm Boost with option of QR or tooled axle
• 1.5-inch tapered steerer tube
• FIT GRIP Sweep damper with adjustable compression
and rebound damping
• EVOL air spring with adjustable volume
• Gloss Red (29”/170mm, 27.5”/180mm) or Matte Black
• Travel options:
• 29/27.5+” – 130-170mm in 10mm increments
• 27.5” – 150-180mm in 10mm increments
• Price: $699USD
We’ve got one of these forks in house, and we’ve also got the worst weather ever for riding mountain bikes, so first impressions are going to be delayed until things dry out.
• New 40mm chassis with Marzocchi specific lower casting
• Proven FIT GRIP damper with compression and rebound
• EVOL air spring with adjustable volume and air negative
• Gloss Red or Matte Black graphics
• Travel options and wheel sizes:
• 27.5” wheel size for 20×110 DH axles (non-boost) –
• Price: $999USD