Niner has completely redesigned their flagship trail bike in the Niner RIP9 RDO. For more than a decade, the RIP 9 trail bike has ruled Niner’s off-road lineup. For 2019, the Niner RIP9 has evolved once more. Now with 140mm of consistent, controlled CVA suspension, progressive and adjustable geometry, increased frame stiffness, and available in two (yes, two) wheel sizes, it’s more versatile and capable than ever before.
For all of the finer details you can find them over on the Niner site, but for now, we have a list of some of the highlights of the new RIP.
- 140mm of stable yet supple CVA suspension, paired with 150mm fork travel.
- Available in dedicated 29er and 27.5er versions. (We know. WTF?)
- Longer, lower, and slacker than any Niner ever made.
- Flip chip, high/low geometry adjustment, and integrated sag indicator.
- Wider and stiffer Rib Cage main triangle, for precise handling.
- Durable, long-lasting Enduro Max “Black Oxide” pivot bearings.
- Clearance for 2.6-inch tires.
- Refined suspension curve for more sensitive early stroke and supportive mid-stroke.
- End-to-end, Full Sleeve internal cable guides and factory-installed frame protection.