Our friends over at VP Components sent us this video and some details of the upcoming VP EnduroFest April 27 and they’re hoping you can join them in Los Olivos, Calif., for eight stages of racing, some awesome prizes, and best of all: tri-tip sandwitches.
For the $45 entry fee you get a big day on the bike. Prizes are: $1,000 to top ten Pro Men, $1,000 to top ten Pro Women and prizes to the top ten in each of the following categories: Expert Men, Expert Women, Sport Men, Sport Women, Sport Master 35+, Beginner Men, Beginner Women, Junior Men, Junior Women.
There will be day-of registration, but be advised that all entries after April 20 will be charged a late fee.
The racing is easy to get to, just five minutes off the US101 near Santa Barbara. Riders in the LA and Central Coast areas can drive up in the morning and be home by bed time. You can also camp at the race course Friday night to get some pre-rides in and register on-site to beat the rush on race-day registration.
The format will be based on WRC Auto Rally and European MTB Enduros. The race will feature predominantly downhill timed special stages linked together by non-timed liaison stages. Each rider will complete the courses on the same bike without shuttles or lifts, riding along through check-points to the start of each timed special stage.
Basic Procedure and Rules
- Each rider will be allowed only one bike for the entire race.
- The winner will be the rider with the lowest combined time in the timed Special Stages including penalties.
- Each rider will be required to carry a time card that the officials will use for scoring.
- Each rider will have as much time as they need to cover the liaison stages.
- Riders start in groups and set out on the course following the order of time checks. The rider’s time at each check will be noted on the time card as well as any penalty.
- When a rider reaches the start of a timed special stage he/she will be given a start time and will complete the course alone in the lowest possible time.