This Memorial Day Weekend (for us) was round three of the UCI World Cup cross-country series in Novo Mesto na Morave in the Czech Republic. By the looks of the course in this pre-ride video perhaps the U.S. series could learn a thing or two about making a real mountain bike track. It’s ironic to think that not too long ago the European circuit was known for being smooth, like a gravel road race for mountain bikes. Now, courses across the pound look more like Supercross tracks with jumps, giant rock gardens, rooty climbs, bridges and alternate lines.
Novo Mesto looks like a heck of a lot of fun to ride lap after lap. Racing flat out on it? Let’s leave that to the professionals.
Results – Elite Women
- FERRAND PREVOT Pauline, France, LIV PRO XC TEAM 1:26:50
- PENDREL Catharine, Canada, LUNA PRO TEAM +2:50
- DAHLE FLESJAA Gunn-Rita, Norway, MULTIVAN MERIDA BIKING TEAM +3:30
- KALENTIEVA Irina, Russia +4:05
- NEFF Jolanda, Switzerland, LIV PRO XC TEAM +4:36
Results – Elite Men
- SCHURTER Nino, Switzerland, SCOTT-ODLO MTB RACING TEAM 1:28:33
- TEMPIER Stéphane, France, BH-SUNTOUR-KMC +8
- MILATZ Moritz, Germany, BMC MOUNTAINBIKE RACING TEAM +14
- MCCONNELL Daniel, Australia, TREK FACTORY RACING +28
- ABSALON Julien, France, BMC MOUNTAINBIKE RACING TEAM +29
Like what you see? Please support independent publishing by Subscribing To Dirt Rag Magazine today.