“The 2010 Pro XCT will provide one of the best calendars of quality UCI mountain bike races we’ve had in many years,” stated USA Cycling CEO Steve Johnson. “We are committed to our long-stated goals of providing athletes with consistent top-level competition opportunities, increasing exposure for mountain biking domestically and maximizing U.S. start spots at the sport’s highest stages; and the Pro XCT national calendar provides a sustainable platform to help accomplish these goals.”
The UCI points awarded at each Pro XCT event will help the United States racers qualify for mountain biking start spots for the 2012 Olympic Games in London. The men’s and women’s overall Pro XCT champions will also automatically qualify a spot on the U.S. squad for the UCI Mountain Bike World Championships.
The Pro XCT will provide leaders’ jerseys to the top male and female rider in the overall standings, leaders’ number plates and a guaranteed cash purse for each race.
2010 USA Cycling Pro Cross Country Mountain Bike Tour:
- March 27th: US Cup Fontana â€“ Fontana, CA
- April 18th: Sea Otter Classic â€“ Monterey, CA
- May 29th: Mellow Johnny’s Classic â€“ Dripping Springs, TX
- June 5th: Bump ‘N Grind â€“ Birmingham, AL
- June 26th: Subaru Cup â€“ Mt. Morris, Wi
- July 10th: Carmichael Training Systems International Classic â€“ Colorado Springs, CO