IMBA will celebrate its sixth annual International Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day on Saturday, October 3, 2009. This is a great opportunity for you to pass your passion for pedaling on to kids!
We’re sure this year’s event will be even bigger and better than ever. Here are some things you can do to participate:
- Organize a ride in your local area. IMBA can help you plan an event — either large or small. Register your event here, by Sept. 15 and we will announce your event on the IMBA website.
- All events registered with IMBA by Sept 15 will be sent a Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day Event-in-a-Box, which will include snacks, official race plates and special kids stickers to give away as prizes. Your group will also be eligible for any raffled prizes.
- Spread the word. This event is a great opportunity for kids and groups to experience mountain biking for the first time or to get back on the saddle again. Weâ€™ve created an online toolkit to help you get the word out about your event. In our toolkit, you will find posters and templates for press releases and fliers you can use to help publicize your event.
- Plan to go mountain biking on the first Saturday in October.
- Check out these helpful tips for taking kids riding and learn about other kids’ cycling programs.
IMBA’s International Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day celebrates the life of Jack Doub, an avid teenage mountain biker from North Carolina who had a true passion for the sport from an early age but passed away in 2002. Funding is provided by the Jack Doub Memorial Endowment. The event will take place each year on the first Saturday in October.
Assistance provided by Trips for Kids, helping disadvantaged kids discover mountain biking since 1988! Trips for Kids chapters nationwide make a difference in kids’ lives by opening their world to mountain biking. By starting a Trips for Kids Chapter in your town, you can take disadvantaged kids on mountain biking all year round.