It’s that time of year again—Voting is now open for the nominees in the next class of the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame. This will be the first class since the Hall of Fame moved to the new Marin Museum of Bicycling, in Fairfax, California, which opened in June.
There are six nominees, but you can vote for only four. Only voting members of the Hall of Fame or members of the Marin Museum of Bicycling can vote, but you can become a member now.
The 2015 nominees are:
- Josh Bender – Freeride builder, rider and pioneer
- Glen Jacobs – Australian mountain bike visionary
- Horst Leitner – Engineer who designed the eponymous Horst Link
- North Shore Trail Builders – Fearless fliers who pushed riding to new heights
- Uli Stanciu – German mountain bike journalist and TransAlp founder
- Roman Urbina – Godfather of the multi-day mountain bike stage race
The induction ceremony will again take place at the Interbike trade show in Las Vegas on Wednesday, September 16, 2015.
Learn more about the nominees and become a member to vote at the Marin Museum of Bicycling.Tweet Print
It’s hard to imagine a more unassuming guy than Joe Breeze. Unlike his contemporaries Gary Fisher or Tom Ritchey, who are easy to spot in a crowd, Breeze could be the guy standing in line in front of you at the grocery store, or your friendly neighbor who always greets you with a wave and a smile. Of course, if you live in Fairfax, California, there’s a good chance he is both of these things.Tweet Print