It’s that time of year again—Voting is now open for the nominees in the next class of the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame. This will be the first class since the Hall of Fame moved to the new Marin Museum of Bicycling, in Fairfax, California, which opened in June.
There are six nominees, but you can vote for only four. Only voting members of the Hall of Fame or members of the Marin Museum of Bicycling can vote, but you can become a member now.
The 2015 nominees are:
- Josh Bender – Freeride builder, rider and pioneer
- Glen Jacobs – Australian mountain bike visionary
- Horst Leitner – Engineer who designed the eponymous Horst Link
- North Shore Trail Builders – Fearless fliers who pushed riding to new heights
- Uli Stanciu – German mountain bike journalist and TransAlp founder
- Roman Urbina – Godfather of the multi-day mountain bike stage race
The induction ceremony will again take place at the Interbike trade show in Las Vegas on Wednesday, September 16, 2015.
Learn more about the nominees and become a member to vote at the Marin Museum of Bicycling.Tweet Print
Elected by a vote of past inductees and current Hall of Fame members (including our esteemed Publisher, Maurice Tierney), the latest members of the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame will be formally inducted September 10 at Interbike in Las Vegas.
The Mountain Bike Hall of Fame & Museum was founded in 1988 in Crested Butte, Colorado. Ten mountain biking pioneers were inducted that first year; between three to seven mountain bike legends have been selected annually since then. It honors those who have made significant contributions to the sport through racing, advocacy, journalism and more. The Hall is on the move this year, and hopes to be in its new, expanded home in Fairfax, California, this year.Tweet Print