AVID Elixir 3 was built for value and gives nothing away in performance and adjustability. The newest brake in the Elixir family offers up a sleek ambidextrous lever body and stout two-piece caliper.
Featuring a TaperBore master cylinder and AVID’s optimized pivot placement, the Elixir 3 brings a new level of performance and control to this entry level price point.
TaperBore is a unique patented hydraulic closure system that allows for lighter lever travel through the stroke of the lever while moving more fluid than a traditional timing port. With the additional benefit of allowing the rider greater control of a more powerful brake system.
- Built for value providing great Elixir family power and control.
- New ambidextrous Lever body featuring TaperBore Technology
- Tooled Reach adjust with Improved access – 3mm ball end
- MatchMaker compatible
- New two-piece caliper, Top Loading Pads
- Intended use: XC/Trail/AM
- Weight: 405 grams (Front; Post mount; 160mm)
- Fluid: DOT 5.1
- Rotors: 160/185/203mm G3 Clean Sweep
Interested in Avid Elixr 3 Brakes? What do YOU really want to learn about them? Leave a reply below to let our tester know what you want to read about. Your feedback will allow us to deliver a more useful review for you, our readers.