Shimano has never been known for its electronics – apart from the excellent Di2 shifting systems, today it announced it is joining the fray of action sports cameras with the CM-1000.
The new camera is the latest from Shimano’s new Lifestyle Gear Division, targeting fishing AND cycling customers. I guess fishermen love HD video as much as cyclists…
- f2.0 lens for low-light performance.
- 16MP image sensor for 1080HD video.
- 135 degree and 180 degree field of view.
- Auto rotation for different mounting possibilities.
- Unit weighs in at just 86 grams and measures 44 by 70 by 30mm, about the size of a deck of cards.
- Waterproof to 10 meters without a case.
- WiFi connectivity and iOS and Android apps.
- ANT+ and ANT connection to transmit data to other accessories.
Look for the CM-1000 to go on sale in May for $299.
Like what you see? Please support independent publishing by Subscribing To Dirt Rag Magazine today.