On September 1, 2013, Greg Minnaar won his third World Championship title, on a stock Santa Cruz V10 downhill frame in front of his home crowd in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa. To celebrate his back-to-back gold medals, Santa Cruz has created a limited edition Minnaar V10 replica of which only 25 will be made, with two having already been sold!
The bikes have a totally unique build, born from Greg’s collaboration with Syndicate race mechanics and team partners. From the aesthetics, such as one-off frame, wheel, fork, and saddle graphics, down to the specifics such as the 808mm wide Special Edition ENVE Minnaarbar and cut down Shimano 7-speed 11-19 cassette.
Equipped with stock Fox suspension and Shimano Saint groupset, the Minnaar V10 Replica is perfected with Chris King components, Burgtec stem, Gamut chain device and Maxxis Minion DHR II tires. Although Greg actually rides an XL, the replica will be available in four sizes, from small to XL.
- Available: S, M, L & XL
- 7.9 lbs. (3.6 kg) M size with Fox DHX RC4 shock with 9.5” x 3.0” steel coil.
- 10-inches (25.4cm) to 8.5-inches (21.6cm) of adjustable travel.
- Custom South African decal set.
- Molded rubber swingarm and downtube protectors.
- Integrated fork bumpers with cable guide.
- Carbon upper link – increased stiffness.
- Forged aluminum lower link with recessed grease ports.
- Collet axle pivots – lock in place without pinch bolts.
- Direct mount rear derailleur hanger.
- Full carbon dropouts and disk mounts.
- Co-molded aluminum hardware on upper pivot and bottom bracket – no bonding.
- Chris King headset and hubs, with 157mm rear axle spacing for easier wheel installation.
- ENVE carbon 808mm wide Special Edition Minnaarbar handlebar and ENVE carbon seat post.
- Burgtec direct-mount stem.
- Shimano Saint 165mm cranks with 36T front chain ring 7-speed 11-19 cassette .
- Shimano Saint brakes with 203mm rotors front & rear.
- WTB custom Minnaar Silverado saddle.
- Gamut P38 chain device.
- Marsh Guard front fender.
- Replica number plate.
- Retail price: $11,000 in USA and Canada
If you want to secure a piece of Santa Cruz DH history, you’ll have to be swift. Here’s where you can find the ones headed to the US:
537 N 1st St, Grand Junction, CO 81501
Size: M x 1
5790 W. Dartmouth Avenue, Denver, CO, 80227
Size: L x 1
215 W. 1st. St. Suite 102 Tustin, CA 92780
Size: M x 1
1678 W, Redstone Center Dr. #210 Park City, UT 84098
Size: S x 1, M x 1, L x 1, XL x 1
Like what you see? Please support independent publishing by Subscribing To Dirt Rag Magazine today.