RockShox combined two of its most advanced technologies, a carbon fiber air can and the XLoc hydraulic remote lockout, to create one of the most advanced rear shocks for cross country racing and trail riding.
The Monarch XX Carbon features instant lockout via an ergonomically superior XLoc hydraulic remote and the weight savings of a new carbon fiber air can. The XLoc hydraulic remote controls the lockout with simple push-push actuation mounted cleanly to your Avid brake and SRAM shifter with MatchMaker X compatibility.
This industry-first hydraulic remote system is fully sealed leaving it impervious to debris, so the lever force never changes over time.
The 15g carbon fiber air can is half the weight of its aluminum counterpart while maintaining the supple spring feel Solo Air is known for. The air can is completely carbon fiber except for its small precision aluminum main seal gland, to maximize weight savings without sacrificing any durability.
- Configurations 165 x 38mm (6.5 x 1.5”), 190 x 50mm
- (7.5 x 2”), 200 x 50 or 57mm
- (7.875 x 2.0 or 2.25”), 216 x 63mm (8.5 x 2.5”)
- Weight: 275 grams*
- Damping Hydraulic with IFP
- Damping Adjust External rebound and XLoc hydraulic remote lockout
- Spring Solo Air
- Spring Adjust Air pressure via single Schrader valve
- Air Can Material Carbon fiber
- Shaft Material Aluminum
- Shaft Diameter 9mm
- Body Material Aluminum
- Body Diameter 28mm
- Body Finish Clear hard anodized with sag gradients
- Upgrades Over XX: Carbon fiber air can
- XLoc Hydraulic remote (available in left or right)
- 360 degree hose exit for ease of set-up and hose routing
- XLoc hydraulic remote system is a fully sealed system that is impervious to debris, so the lever force never changes over time
- Non-Carbon Monarch XX available OEM
- *Note, weight based on 165×38 shock with 950mm hose and no hardware