Rebecca Rusch, the three-time Leadville Trail 100 Women’s Champion and three-time 24 Hour Solo Mountain Biking World Champion, is pleased to announce that after a successful first tour in 2011, the SRAM Gold Rusch Tour is back with more dates and locations for 2012, including Dirt Rag’s Dirt Fest. The tour is designed to get women of all ages outdoors and on their bicycles.
2012 SRAM Gold Rusch Tour
- The Sea Otter Ladies Lounge at the Sea Otter Classic: April 19-22 –Drop by the SRAM booth and meet your favorite female pros. Ask questions, check out new gear and listen in on our mini tech clinics. Rebecca and the other pros will also host short ride clinics and pump track sessions. For more information on tour specifics and updates, please visit www.goldruschtour.com.
- Dirt Rag Dirt Fest Dirty Girls Clinics in Raystown, PA: May 17-20 – Join Rebecca and SRAM/Specialized female athlete, Katie Holden for Specialized demos and free ride clinics during the three-day mountain bike festival.
- Sun Valley Media Camp in Sun Valley, ID: July 4-9 – By invite-only, eight lucky female representatives will meet Rebecca, Katie Holden, Meredith Miller and Lea Davison for a personal tour of the world class riding in Sun Valley. The camp coincides with USAC XC National Championships in Sun Valley (July 5th-8th) to allow the attending media to cover the event and experience Idaho riding at its best.
- “Wheel Girls” Mountain Bike Club in Sun Valley, ID: June through July– Rebecca and her local female mountain bike posse will coach a 6-week teen riding camp for the second year. The classes will meet in June and July for weekly riding sessions on different trails in the Sun Valley area. The camp will focus on riding skills, trail etiquette and volunteer trail work.
- Kokanee Crankworx Dirty Girls Clinics in Whistler, BC: August 13-19 – The biggest freeride festival in the world, Crankworx is a magnet for the world’s best riders. With a collection of some of the best trails and parks on the planet, Rebecca and SRAM/Specialized female pros will guest instruct and lead rides for all ability levels throughout the week.
- Levi’s Granfondo Ladies Lounge and Media Camp in Santa Rosa, CA: September 29 – Activities will include a pre-event social hour with complimentary bike fit and equipment check at NorCal Bike and ride tips from the pros. Rebecca and other female pros will offer a pre-ride preview of some of the toughest parts of the course. Post-event activities will include a SRAM/Specialized VIP reception for women and their guests with refreshments and GU recovery drinks.
- Roc D’Azur Ladies Lounge and Dirty Girls Ride Clinics in France: October – This French mountain bike festival is open to riders of all levels and hosts races, fun rides, a huge bike expo and parties. Each day at the SRAM booth, female pros will be available to answer questions and lead mini-tech clinics. The pros will also be hosting short ride clinics and pump track sessions.
The reigning and three-time Lifetime Fitness Leadville Trail Women’s Champion and three time World 24-hour Champion knows a thing or two about pain. Drawing from a background in adventure racing, Rebecca has a deep well of skills: paddling, rock climbing, biking, navigating, skiing, and more. Since turning to pro cycling in 2001, Rebecca has proven to the world she has what it takes to execute any of the above even after going beyond her limits in faraway places like Kyrgyzstan and Tibet.
After winning adventure races became routine, she added 24 Hour Solo Mountain Bike racing to her résumé and proceeded to dominate the sport. Rusch writes regularly about her adventures and training and her thoughts can be found at www.rebeccarusch.com.