The Kali Fall of the Enduro will be an awesome and exciting test of speed, skill and endurance for mountain bike enthusiasts of all levels. Dirt Rag is proud to be a sponsor of this event.
On November 3rd, 2012 Kali Protectives will host the second enduro race at the Dirt Club in Santa Ynez, Calif., November 2 and 3. The event grows out of the success of the VP Components Dirt Club Enduro held last July. Athletes will prove their skill and speed on the bike through nine special stages while enduring a three hour day in the saddle. The format follows that of WRC auto racing and European-style enduro events.
After the event, Kali will host a party with tri-tip grilled on site for purchase, music, and a screening of a great mountain bike movie under the stars.
The enduro format
The race event will feature predominantly downhill timed special stages linked together by non-timed liaison stages. Each rider will complete the courses on the same bike without shuttles or lifts, riding along through check-points to the start of each timed special stage.
Basic procedure and rules
- Each rider will be allowed only one bike for the entire race.
- The winner will be the rider with the lowest combined time in the timed Special Stages including penalties.
- Each rider will be required to carry a time card that the officials will use for scoring.
- Each rider will have as much time as they need to cover the liaison stages.
- Riders start in groups and set out on the course following the order of time checks. The rider’s time at each check will be noted on the time card as well as any penalty.
- When a rider reaches the start of a timed special stage he/she will be given a start time and will complete the course alone in the lowest possible time.
- We will score and award prizes for Pro/Open Men and Pro/Open Women, U23 MEN, Juniors, Amateur Women, Amateur Men 19-34, Amateur Men 35+.
The KORE Pump Track Prologue: Show Your Flow and have some fun before things get too serious! This short blast around the pump track will be used to establish start order for the next stage and establish the pecking order!
VP COMPONENTS Session 1 features two laps of a 4-mile loop with two special stages per lap for a total of eight miles and four timed special stages. The special stages will all be short in duration, ranging from high-speed flowing trails, to short downhill tracks with berms, jumps, and drops. Climb to the top of each timed stage at your own pace, then drill it down the course for your race time.
KALI Protectives Session 2 features two laps of a second 4-mile loop with two special stages per lap for a total of eight miles and four timed special stages. The special stages will all be short in duration, ranging from flowing Super D trails, to more technical tracks that will require a bit more handling skill. Again, climb to the top of each timed stage at your own pace, then drill it down the course for your race time.
*All stages are able to be ridden by beginners. There are slower beginner “ride-arounds” for more difficult terrain where necessary.
Like what you see? Please support independent publishing by Subscribing To Dirt Rag Magazine today.