Dirt Rag and Bicycle Times magazines are seeking a West Coast based sales executive for our print and digital publications. This individual will cultivate sales for both print magazines, their related websites, and email newsletters. We’ve been at this for 23 years and still retain the DIY ethic that got us to where we are today. Don’t mistake our irreverence for ineptitude, our employees are expected to operate at a high level with little need for management. Good attitudes, humor and non-slimy sales tactics will mesh well with us, high pressure sales-types, corporate drones and general buzz-kills are better off looking elsewhere.
Position: Contract / Freelance Sales Account Executive
Location: Remote/ Telecommute. HQ based in Pittsburgh, PA
Experience: Three or more years sales experience preferred.
Compensation: Commission based
Start Date: ASAP for the right talent
Dirt Rag magazine has been bringing readers independent news and reviews of mountain bike culture since 1989. Bicycle Times was launched in 2008 to satisfy readers who cycle for fun, transportation, and occasional enlightenment
- Cultivate new client accounts.
- Maintain existing account relationships.
- Meet or exceed sales goals.
- Create proposals in response to market demand and budget requirements.
- Research clients to develop effective sales strategies.
- Prepare proposals, RFP’s, and custom campaign quotes.
- Meet with clients in person and via phone and email.
- Attend marketing events, including trade shows and expos.
- Prior experience in media ad sales preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel when needed.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in sales.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of the bicycle/outdoors industry a must.
Please forward resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Advertising Sales Applicant – First Name Last Name” in the subject line.