Pivot’s full-suspension “race” bike, the Mach 429SL carbon, has been updated for 2017. It’s not plus (but it does have a Boost rear); it’s not even 27.5. This carbon bike has 100 mm of suspension front and rear and—gasp—29-inch wheels.
The Mach 429SL is spec’d with the Fox Float Dual Piston System (DPS) shock custom tuned specifically for cross-country and endurance racing. The Float DPS shock features settings and a design that allows for a plush feel with a wide range of damping control while also offering an extremely positive “firm” position for fast climbs.
The new Mach 429SL carbon is available in more than 12 different complete bike configurations, starting at $4,200.
- Frame weight from 5.2 pounds (2.4Kg) and sub-23 pounds (10.4kg) complete
- 100 mm of dw-link suspension tuned for race and trail handling
- Full-carbon frame featuring Pivot’s proprietary hollow core internal molding technology
- Full length internal cable routing and Shimano Di2 integration via Pivot’s exclusive, Cable Port System
- Internal dropper post compatible
- Cold forged alloy linkages with Enduro Max Cartridge Bearings
- Fox Float Kashima Factory shock
- Highly durable rubberized leather downtube and swingarm protection
- Updated to Boost 12x148mm rear spacing
- Designed to work with forks from 100-120 mm in travel
- Every frame size has room for two water bottles
- Available in sizes S, M, L, XL for riders between 5’3″ and 6’4″
Like what you see? Please support independent publishing by Subscribing To Dirt Rag Magazine today.