The 2018 Marin Wolf Ridge launched at the Sea Otter Classic this past April with the Wolf Ridge Pro at the top of the line and the Wolf Ridge 9 as the less expensive build. Marin just released the details on the last bike in this group, the Wolf Ridge 8, which offers a more affordable price point.
The Wolf Ridge is a 160 mm 29er that Marin claims to be “the one bike to rule them all.” The Wolf Ridge 8 is built around the same carbon fiber frame and NAILED R3ACT-2 PLAY suspension design as the others in the line, but features the all new SRAM GX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain.
Key frame highlights
• Full carbon fiber frame, developed with biometric data to localize weight on each size
• Naild patent-pending R3ACT – 2 Play rear frame member
• Trail geometry with a low BB height, 66.5° head tube angle, 435mm chainstays
• 29” wheels, 160mm front and rear travel
• Exclusively 1x drivetrains
Wolf Ridge 8 Specifications
• SRAM GX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain
• RockShox Lyric RC & Monarch Debonair R suspension
• Stan’s NoTubes Flow MK3 rims
• MSRP $5199.99
The Wolf Ridge 8 will be available late summer 2017. Check out our First Ride review of the Wolf Ridge 9 to get an idea of what this bike is all about and read our tech editor’s impressions.