It’s become a tradition in the pages of the ‘Rag… the Literature Contest. From it we’ve garnered some great stories, winners have received some awesome prizes, and there have even been a few “so bad it’s good” entries passed around the office.
This year our good buddies at Speedgoat Bicycles have stepped up to provide two sweet prizes:
– The First Place winner will get a Santa Cruz Nomad decked out with SRAM X.9 drivetrain, Avid Elixir brakes, RockShox Domain 318 fork, Mavic Crossline wheels and the rest of the necessary bits.
Both First and Second Place entries will be published in issues of Dirt Rag. The deadline is, as always, June 1st â€“ may seem like a long way off now, but it takes time to produce good literature, so get to writin’ (and ridin’ for inspiration).
– Include one cover page with the title, your name and contact information.
– Donâ€™t place any personal information, such as your name or address, in the article itself (so that we can judge anonymously).
– Entries must be postmarked by June 1, 2009.
The fine print:
– Entry must include a reference to cycling, preferably mountain biking.
– Length limited to 3,000 words. (This is not a quota. If you can get your point across in fewer words, all the better.)
– Original, unpublished work only.
– Do not plagiarize.
– One entry per person.
– Entries accepted by mail only. Please print out on paper â€“ no floppy disks, thumb drives, or other electronic media.
– No, we cannot answer every query as to whether we’ve received your entry, whether you’ve won or not, what you should do to become a better writer, etc. Results will be posted sometime after the deadline. It might be a while, as we’ll have a lot of reading to do.
Good luck and happy writing!