The California Enduro Series (CES) is pleased to announce the 2015 race schedule and promises another great year of enduro racing. In its third year, CES proves its commitment to growing this popular cycling sport by expanding its schedule to include additional fun and challenging venues, offering more race categories, and maintaining equal pro payout to both men and women for series overall top placement.
For 2015, the series is expanding to seven rounds, welcoming back popular venues from last year and adding two new events: the Wild Wood Adventure Enduro on the Mendocino coast and the Ashland Mountain Challenge. Additionally, 2015 will introduce the first multi-day enduros—with both Wild Wood and Northstar leading the way with back-to-back exciting days of racing.
CES continues to prove its commitment to supporting female riders by again offering equal pro purses for both women and men for the series top finishers. In addition to an expanded schedule, CES is also increasing the selection of race categories. Additional age groups have been included in the Men’s Sport and Expert classes, and the Junior Boys category has been split into Sport and Expert classes.
With the expansion to seven events, the 2015 series points will be based on the top five results of the seven races.
2015 Event Schedule
- May 9: Battle Born Enduro on Peavine Mountain in the Reno/Tahoe area, to benefit The Poedunks
- June 13-14: Wild Wood Adventure Enduro on the Mendocino coast in Caspar, presented by Mendocino Bike Sprite
- June 27-28: VP EnduroFest at China Peak Mountain Resort in Lakeshore, presented by VP Components
- July 11-12: Ashland Mountain Challenge at Lithia Park in Ashland, presented by Ashland Mountain Adventures
- TBD: Santa Cruz Super Enduro at Soquel Demonstration State Forest in the Santa Cruz Mountains, presented by Mountain Bikers of Santa Cruz
- Aug 29-30: Northstar Enduro at Northstar California Resort in Truckee
- Sept 24-27: Kamikaze Bike Games Enduro at Mammoth Mountain in Mammoth Lakes