For the third year in a row, the staff will be riding to the indoor show at the Sands Convention Center from our rental house each day, plus to various after-show activities, on a fine fleet of bikes that would otherwise be sitting in a truck somewhere after the Outdoor Demo prelude to the show. (The bikes no doubt appreciate their freedom.)
After the Interbike dust has settled, we’ll be posting mini-reviews of these bikes on the Bicycle Times website.
Here’s the lineup of companies thus far who have generously agreed to help us get our daily pedaling fix:
- BH â€“ Gira singlespeed/fixie
- Breezer â€“ a townie sort of bike
- Brompton â€“ a folding bike
- Charge â€“ Plug, another singlespeed/fixie
- Civia â€“ Loring utility bike
- Currie â€“ Urban Cruiser Enlightened, an electric-assist bike
- Dahon â€“ another folder
- Gates / Spot â€“ belt drive!
- Raleigh â€“ one of many to choose from
- Rans â€“ the Hammertruck recumbent cargo bike
As you can see, we’ve got quite the motley crew. Check both Bicycle Times and Dirt Rag next week for the goings-on at Interbike, and remember to keep on checking afterward, to see how our borrowed fleet fares. We’d better be careful the traditional derby around the pool doesn’t get out of hand…
Like what you see? Please support independent publishing by Subscribing To Dirt Rag Magazine today.