For the third year in a row, the staff will be riding to the indoor show at the Sands Convention Center from our rental house each day, plus to various after-show activities, on a fine fleet of bikes that would otherwise be sitting in a truck somewhere after the Outdoor Demo prelude to the show. (The bikes no doubt appreciate their freedom.)
After the Interbike dust has settled, we’ll be posting mini-reviews of these bikes on the Bicycle Times website.
Here’s the lineup of companies thus far who have generously agreed to help us get our daily pedaling fix:
- BH â€“ Gira singlespeed/fixie
- Breezer â€“ a townie sort of bike
- Brompton â€“ a folding bike
- Charge â€“ Plug, another singlespeed/fixie
- Civia â€“ Loring utility bike
- Currie â€“ Urban Cruiser Enlightened, an electric-assist bike
- Dahon â€“ another folder
- Gates / Spot â€“ belt drive!
- Raleigh â€“ one of many to choose from
- Rans â€“ the Hammertruck recumbent cargo bike
As you can see, we’ve got quite the motley crew. Check both Bicycle Times and Dirt Rag next week for the goings-on at Interbike, and remember to keep on checking afterward, to see how our borrowed fleet fares. We’d better be careful the traditional derby around the pool doesn’t get out of hand…