The Dirt Rag World Tour will be on hand for the Allegrippis Trails grand openingâ€”featuring group rides; demo bikes from Cannondale, GT and Trek; and plenty of great foodâ€”slated for May 9th, 2009. The following schedule and event information for the Allegrippis Trails grand opening is courtesy of the Raystown Mountain Biking Association:
Friday, May 8th
- 12:00pm â€“ Camp site registration begins at Meadow Campground.
- 3:00pm â€“ Rides all afternoon with/without guides. Organized night rides. Suggested routes will be posted. You are on your own for dinner tonight as Friday is arrival night. You can grill in the campground or head into Huntingdon to Boxers CafÃ© 410 Penn St. Good beer. Great food.
Saturday, May 9th
- Breakfast on your own. Place to eat: good locally roasted coffee from Standing Stone Coffee Company; 1231 Mifflin Street Huntingdon, Pa 16652.
- 9:00am â€“ Camping Registration continued at Meadow Campground
- 10:00am â€“ Vendor area opens: Cannondale, Trek, Scott, Kona, Dirt Rag World Tour and more! Official program in amphitheater.
- 11:45am â€“ Ribbon cutting at trailhead.
- 12:30pm â€“ Lunch starts at Pine Shelter by visitor center (RSVP Here).
- 1:00pm â€“ Rides all afternoon use suggested routes, or join in on a group ride. Routes will be posted.
- 5:00 to 7:00pm â€“ Dinner (Pasta Primavera, salad and bread) and beer from Troegs!
- 7:00pm â€“ PA State Summit (non-PA advocates encouraged to attend!)
- 7:00pm â€“ Entertainment by Andy Tolin’s Trio
Sunday, May 10th
Breakfast â€“ Main Meadow Pavilion â€“ Provided by Boxer’s CafÃ©. Ride the day away or swim down at the lake, check out by 4:00pm. Please leave your camp area as you found it… or better.
Notes for Folks
- If you choose to ride the south end trails ride carefully as they are still being completed.
- Please use the separate labeled recycling containers.
- Be respectful of traffic signals and other non-event related campers.
- The Army Corps of Engineers and Friends of Raystown Lake have done wonders for this trail system. Remember to thank them!
- Night riding is fine so long as you ride with someone.
- Tubes, lube, tools, first aid gear, and other services will be available. (Ask a RMBA Representative.)
Questions or concerns?
Before Event: [email protected] or 814-643-7226 (Evan and Joel). During Event: any RMBA member!
Like what you see? Please support independent publishing by Subscribing To Dirt Rag Magazine today.