The 2010 series will also feature an Amateur GRT which, like the Pro GRT, will give Expert-level Category 1 racers the opportunity to compete against each other for an overall series crown.
Each of the five stops will offer series ranking points to top finishers, resulting in overall individual titles for professional men and women. The racers with the most points throughout the five-race series will be recognized as the best gravity athletes competing on U.S. soil.
The leader of the Pro GRT overall rankings as of July 14, 2010 will be an automatic selection to the United States World Championship team. In addition, the Plattekill and Northstar-at-Tahoe rounds of the Pro GRT will be junior downhill qualification races for the World Championships.
2010 USA Cycling Pro Mountain Bike Gravity Tour (Pro GRT)
- April 24-25: Northwest Cup – Port Angeles, WA
- May 22-23: Plattekill Gravity Open – Roxbury Bike Park, NY
- June 26-27: Northstar-at-Tahoe – Truckee, CA
- July 31-Aug. 1: Trestle Bike Park (Crankworx Colorado) – Winterpark, CO
- Sept. 11-12: Whiteface 5th Annual 5K Downhill – Lake Placid, NY
For more information on the series, roll on over to USA Cycling’s ProGRT webpage.
Like what you see? Please support independent publishing by Subscribing To Dirt Rag Magazine today.